By noon Tuesday, the average CEO earns what the rest of us would earn in a year
It looks like the Occupy people were on to something when you see in recent news that the average earning level for Canadians is $44,000.00 and change and the average CEO makes $8.4 million. By noon Tuesday, the CEO had earned what the rest would earn in a year.
Cornwall - Jan. 4, 2012 - Something I should have taken care of before now! For those of you who know Paul Joncas or even if you dont know him but recognize him - go up to him and ask him to tell you how he got locked out of his own house. Ask him how fortunate he was to be with his petite wife so she could squeeze in through a small window. I can assure you he will blame someone else but don't believe him.
- I see the press is all upset in TO because Ron Wilson announced his contract extension on Christmas Day. They think it was on purpose just to make them work on Chrismas....AAH poor you. You could have solved that by ignoring him until the next day, as it hardly qualifies as "Breaking News".
-What's all this continuing rattle every time a pro athelete asks for a trade? The most recent example is the kid in Ottawa with the Senators and I hear a commentator on national TV saying "who does he think he is he is only 22 or so, etc, etc". The kid owes Pheonix absolutely nothing but a solid effort while he is on the ice. This is his job and he doesn't want to work there any more...amen. People change jobs all the time - what in god's name has loyality got to do with it?
- Talking about hockey it is getting old to hear, "He is small but plays big." Is that a compliment or not? I have seen some pretty bad "BIG" players. It's is a mans game just get it done.
- Again with hockey, I was in Vancouver over the holiday and my Grandson Kyle took me to a Canucks game...I loved it! Great seats, great company and interesting to see the band wagon fans once again cheering for Loungo - great fun.
- Moving to the CFL - strange trade with Ricky Ray going to Toronto - smells like a salary dump to me but he is going to make a real difference for the Argos.
- =Calgary and Hamilton swapping QBs was not as surprising. Burris was apparently owed a bonus on February 1st. I wonder how that worked out.
- The political world is quiet for a change but the American scene offers some comic relief. I guess it will never end.
- The evangelicals keep dumping on Romney because he is a Morman. I guess what they are trying to say is..."my beliefs are more valid than yours - so go away." I am old enough to remember the same cries against JFK because he was catholic. Spare us please!!!
It looks like the "Occupy" people were on to something when you see in recent news that the average earning level for Canadians is $44,000.00 and change and the average CEO makes $8.4 million. By noon Tuesday, the CEO had earned what the rest would earn in a year. Don't forget these are "average" earnings and a lot of people at both ends make a lot more than $8.4 million and a lot less than $44,000.00 on the low end.
The gap on a percentage basis is the high end making 189 times more than the low end. I have said it before and I am sure I say it again - who are the boneheads that agreed to these pay scales???
Something has to be done to oversee these Boards of Directors - especially on publicly traded companies. That gap is outragious.
8,399 Stories & Growing Daily...
To date OurHometown.ca has posted a total of 8,399 stories! News, sports, hockey, lifestyle, opinion and more!